Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH and its subsidiaries (Demag Group) offer their customers products in the field of processing of plastics, in particular in the field of injection moulding machines. Safety and protection of personal data is an important aspect of customer support.
Section 1 General information about the collection and use of personal data
(1) Personal information is information that identifies you (e.g. your name) or information that makes you identifiable (e.g. your address, phone number, IP address, or user behaviour).
(2) Personal data is collected and used by us, as necessary, to provide a functional and comfortable website, as well as to offer our content and services. For various services, which are accessible through this website, it is necessary that you provide us with certain personal data (e.g. when you use the contact form, register to a newsletter or register for training courses), otherwise, we will not be able to provide this service through our website. Your data always is always processed on the basis of the relevant legal provisions, about which we will inform you in more detail in what follows.
(3) If we use contracted (external) service providers for individual functions of our website or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 Data controller and data protection officer
(1) Data Controller referred to in Art. 4 No. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH,
Altdorfer Straße 15, 90571 Schwaig, Germany
(see also our imprint).
(2) You can contact our data protection officer at:
Postal address: Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH, Altdorfer Straße 15, 90571 Schwaig near Nuremberg with the addition of “Attn Data Protection Officer”.
Section 3 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
– Right to information (Art. 15 of the GDPR)
– Right to rectification (Art. 16 of the GDPR)
– Right to deletion (Art. 17 of the GDPR)
– Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 of the GDPR)
– Right to data portability (Art. 20 of the GDPR)
– Right to appeal (right of appeal, Art. 21 of the GDPR)
With regard to your right of appeal, the following applies:
Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of a balancing of interests (legal basis, Art. 6 para. 1 letter f of the GDPR), you may, for reasons that may arise from your particular situation, at any time file an objection against the processing of your personal data.
Your data is processed on the basis of a balance of interests (legal basis Art. 6 para. 1 letter f of the GDPR) in particular if the processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you, which we present in the following description. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
You also have the right to withdrawal your data protection declaration of consent with effect for the future at any time. The respective data will then be deleted immediately. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of any processing undertaken on the basis of this consent before its withdrawal.
Please send in this case your cancellation stating your full name and e-mail address:
Instead of deletion, a restriction of processing may apply in cases provided by law.
Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis at any time.
You can inform us of your advertising objection at the following contact details:
(2) You also have the right to complain with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data (Art. 77 of the GDPR).
Section 4 Collection and use of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you access our websites, you (for reasons of technical necessity) transmit data to our hosting and service provider via your Internet browser.
The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR.
By the processing we pursue the interest of showing you our website, in particular to ensure the stable presentation and safe accessibility.
The following data is captured during an ongoing connection for communication between your Internet browser and our web server:
Content of the request (specific page)
Information regarding the browser type, language and version used
- Your operating system
- Your IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Websites that are accessed by your system via our website
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
This data will be deleted if the purpose of the processing does not apply, unless there are retention periods provided by law, otherwise, as long as storage is required by law.
(2) If you use our website to contact us or to register for training via an input mask, we will collect the personal data from you which you provide during the use.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) and Art. 6 para. 1 letter b) of the GDPR.
When you contact us via e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, name and, if applicable, your telephone number) will be stored by us to answer your questions. You alone decide whether you wish to disclose your personal data, for example when you send us an inquiry, etc. We will delete the data collected in this context after its storage is no longer required, or otherwise limit its further processing if we are required by law to continue retaining it. Even after achievement of purpose or if the purpose does not longer exist, it is possible that we have to store your data if so provided by European or national laws, ordinances or other regulations or contracts. The data is deleted at the latest after expiration of this period.
Our legitimate interest in processing is that we are striving to process your requests to our company to your satisfaction.
2. Technically required cookies
Most cookies we use are so-called technically required session cookies, which are required to keep visiting consistent i.e. to ensure, for example, that saved searches are retained during the session.
These session cookies are automatically deleted when the session ends. The legal basis for the use of technically necessary cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f of the GDPR. The legitimate interest is that the website could not be provided and offered without the setting of these cookies.
You cannot manually deactivate technically required cookies via our website. However, you have the option to set your browser to reject all cookies. Please note that in this case you will not be able to use some functions of the website.
3. Third-party analytics cookies
This website uses analytics cookies from different third parties. These cookies are used to analyse your browsing behaviour. This data is not stored together with your other personal information.
Entered search terms
Frequency of website visits
Use of website features
Information about how visitors use our websites
The storage duration depends on the respective cookie used and can be found in the table (see below).
You can consent to this in the cookie layer on our website.
You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and e.g. refuse to accept not technically necessary cookies. However, please note that for some configurations of the browser, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Further information on the individual providers can be found in the comments below.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for its operators and to provide other services related to website and Internet usage. Pseudonymous usage profiles may be created from the processed data.
Google Analytics is only used on this website with activated IP anonymization. This means that your IP address is truncated by Google in the member states of the European Union or in other countries that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP address sent by your browser will not be connected with other data from Google. Google may also transfer this information to third parties as required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
You may refuse the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software; you may also prevent Google from collecting data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website and from processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
To learn about the use of data by Google for advertising purposes, setting and possibilities to object, visit the websites of Google: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/ (“Google data usage when you use our partners sites or apps”), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“Use of data for advertising purposes”), http://www.google.de/settings/ads (“Managing information Google uses to show you ads”) and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ (“Determine which advertising Google may show you”).
As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent collection by Google Analytics on this website in the future. This will store an opt-out cookie on your device. It stores information that we are not allowed deleting your data for Google Analytics. If you delete your saved cookies, you will need to click this link again.
We also use Google Analytics to evaluate data from AdWords and the double-click cookie for statistical purposes. If you do not want to do this, you can disable it through the Ads Preferences Manager(https://adssettings.google.de/).
The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 letter a) of the GDPR (your consent for using Google Analytics).
Below is a list of the cookies used when visiting this website:
Purpose of usage
Google Analytics, Tag Manager
End of session
Cookie message confirmation
Up to 2100
If Google Analytics is disabled, the information is stored here
Section 6 Newsletter / Advertising Events / Press Release
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter and press releases, which will provide you with information on the latest offers, products, events and news from Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH. The purposes for which we use your consent are indicated in the declaration of consent in accordance with the statutory provisions or explained below.
(2) To register to our newsletter / advertising information or press information we use the so-called double opt-in method. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter/promotional information or the press releases. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your data. We will delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed for this purpose, but at the latest when legal retention periods no longer apply.
(3) To send you newsletter/ promotional information and press releases, we need your e-mail address. In addition, you can provide further contact details (company name, surname, first name, postal address). The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store this data for the purpose of sending you newsletter/ promotional information and press releases. If you subscribe to our newsletter or other promotional information via e-mail, we will have your user behaviour analysed by a service provider who will analyse your access to the e-mail, your localised IP address and other information and provide it to us. To carry out this analysis, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel files, which are stored on our website. For analysis purposes, we link the above data and web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a of the GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent for receiving newsletter/ promotional information/ press release at any time and unsubscribe from them. The withdrawal can be sent by e-mail to sdg.dataprotection@8< SPAM-protection, please remove >8shi-g.com or to the contact specified in the imprint.
Section 7 Data and IT security
During your website visit, we support the highest security encryption set by your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved to meet state-of-the-art requirements.
Section 8 Links to other websites